Finding the proper self-love habits to practice was a game-changer. My overall mental health improved, my self-esteem increased, and I was happier. Before finding self-love, I struggled with all of these things. Practicing self-love allowed me to reflect on who I want to be in the future and take the necessary steps to become that person.
It wasn’t until I found self-love that I felt like life was worth it. There was a point when I felt like my life was pointless. I felt alone, unloved, and had no self-confidence or love for myself. I knew I was tired of experiencing these negative emotions, but I honestly didn’t know what to do. But, that all changed when I started practicing self-love.
I found these self-love habits to practice through therapy and medication. These practices worked wonders on me and continue to do some, which is why I am going to share my 15 favorite self-love habits to practice right now.
Self-Love Habits to Practice Right Now
- Always Choose Yourself: Don’t allow negativity to overwhelm you. Always surround yourself with positive vibes, and always do what you have to do to maintain your happiness, health, and sanity.
- Always Time Block for Self-Care: It’s important to practice self-care daily, even if it’s for a short time. Self-care is important because it helps you maintain a healthy relationship with your physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental selves. It helps you to produce feelings of happiness and transmit those feelings to the people around you.
- Related Read: How To Practice Self-Care On A Busy Schedule
- Learn to Say No: Stop being a people pleaser. It’s okay to say no to anything that makes you uncomfortable, upsets you, or you don’t want to do.
- Positive Affirmations: Affirmations are the best way to practice self-kindness and love. You create a positive statement that is the opposite of the negative thoughts you’re having. I suggest repeating these daily.
- Related Read: How To Integrate Positive Affirmations Into Your Life
- Please Stop Trying to be Perfect: Nobody is perfect, and it’s not good to always strive for perfection. All you can do is try your personal best to achieve what you’re doing.
- Get 08 Hours of Sleep: As mentioned in this article, sleeping teaches your body to relax and regulates overnight body temperatures. The earlier you go to bed, the better you’ll feel in the morning, and the less likely you will snooze the alarm.
- Start Journaling: Seeing your thoughts and writing them down helps you understand how you’re feeling. There are many ways you can go about journaling, such as in diary format, a bullet journal, or through blogging. It’s one of my favorite self love habits to practice right now.
- Eat Healthier: Healthy eating leads to an overall healthier lifestyle and decreases your chances of developing obesity, diabetes, certain cancers, and high blood pressure later in life.
- Practice Mindfulness: Our emotions are everywhere, and that’s why mindfulness is important. Mindfulness helps regulate emotions, relieve stress, and lower the chances of getting sick or dying.
- Learn To Have Fun: No one likes a stick in the mud. There is so much to do and plenty of time. Get out there and do the things that make you smile.
- Forgive Yourself: We all make mistakes. Sometimes it’s hard to forget that it’s ok to make mistakes. You should embrace each flaw and mistake with a smile and learn from it.
- Mirror Work: Saying “I Love You” to yourself in the mirror daily is a powerful thing. It sounds weird. However, if you practice loving yourself daily, it’ll become second nature and an instant way to cheer yourself up.
- Related Read: Best Practices For Daily Affirmations
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others: We’re naturally competitive, so it’s only natural that you would compare yourself. But, too much of it is dangerous to your self-esteem and confidence. Shift your mindset from comparing yourself to working on developing yourself to be greater.
- Learn to Trust Yourself: Sometimes, we tend to doubt ourselves and our decision-making skills. Always remember that you know what’s best for your health and no one can tell you what to do.
- Always be the First Person to Love You: No matter what, you should always be the first and last person to love you at the end of the day. No one else matters.
Why Is Self-Love Important?
I hope you enjoyed my list of self-love habits to practice! Self-love grows from actions that support our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual growth. Self-love means not settling for less than you deserve. It can mean something different for each person because we all have different ways to care for ourselves.
There are so many health benefits that also come with practicing daily self-love. For example, people who love themselves are less likely to suffer from mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, or eating disorders. Self-love also paves the way for creating and maintaining a positive mindset, an essential ingredient for success in life and mental well-being. Learning to love yourself also reduces stress, lessens procrastination, and makes you more focused at work.
What do you think of these self-love habits? Let me know in the comments.