Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. All opinions remain my own. For more information, please refer to my disclosure policy.
17 Easy Morning Self-Care Tips
Are you one of those people who snoozes all the alarms? Maybe you prefer waking up at 1:00 PM daily? That’s okay. We’ve all been there. Finding time for you in the morning can be difficult, especially if you don’t know what to do yourself. That’s why I am sharing these leisurely morning self-care tips.
Morning self-care is not as complicated as it seems. Instead, it’s about all the small, impactful ways you boost your energy and find time to care for yourself before a long workday. The morning time provides great opportunities for you to practice self-care and kickstart your day feeling refreshed, energized, and well-grounded.
A great self-care routine in the morning makes the difference. A great and solid self-care routine helps with establishing an equally strong morning routine. Morning routines set the tone for the day, allowing us to control our schedules. With every new day, we can better focus on what is in front of us, prioritize our time, and increase productivity. That’s why it’s even more important to establish a great morning self-care routine filled with the best practices.
Are you ready to add self-care to your morning routine? Here are 17-morning self-care tips.
Morning Self-Care Tips
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier than usual
- Many researchers have found that there are many health benefits to waking up early, such as reduced stress and anxiety, increased productivity, and improving your sleep quality. People who wake up early have the energy to go about their day and don’t have to worry about experiencing low and negative energy levels.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Healthy eating leads to an overall healthier lifestyle and decreases your chances of developing obesity, diabetes, certain cancers, and high blood pressure later in life.
- Read a book
- Early morning reading can help wake up your brain and is a great way to practice intellectual self-care. It’s a great way to stay inspired and to be motivated at the start of the day.
- If you’re a spiritual or religious person, then praying before starting your day is a great way to give thanks and practice gratitude.
- Drink water
- Swap out your cup of coffee or tea with a nice glass of water. Drinking water keeps you hydrated and helps the body to clear out toxins throughout the day and night. There are many health benefits to drinking water, including improved heart health, weight loss, and even clearer skin.
- Stretch or do Yoga
- If you’re experiencing pain and tension in your body, stretching to doing yoga is a great way to relieve that. Both help with improving flexibility, increasing blood flow, and relax your body.
- Don’t use your phone for at least an hour after you wake up.
- Admit it. When you wake up, you probably check and respond to a bunch of messages and alerts. We’re all guilty of doing it. Using your phone first thing in the morning distracts your brain and your body from properly maintaining itself. It can also make you less productive.
- Like praying, meditating is a great way to stop and think about the day you have planned. Meditating first thing in the morning clears your mind and helps prevent stress and anxiety from creeping up on you.
- Write down what you’re grateful for
- Finding time to practice gratitude is always a good thing. It helps you to appreciate everything you have now and to stop dwelling on the past. It’s a good habit to get into because it teaches you to be more optimistic about the situations around you.
- Go for a 20min walk
- Exercising reduces your chances of catching major illnesses such as heart diseases, stroke, diabetes, and cancer. It is also a great way to remedy mental illnesses and boost self-esteem. Walking is an excellent cardio exercise that can quickly be done every morning for a short period of time without tiring you out.
- Listen to a podcast
- Listening to a motivational podcast can inspire you to be more productive throughout the day. It also improves brain functionality by getting you to think about specific topics.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Listening to music has the same benefits as listening to a motivational podcast. It’s good for your mental and intellectual well-being.
- Always make your bed.
- Making your bed in the morning is an excellent way to increase productivity and start your day. If you make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day, therefore setting the tone for the rest of the day.
- Make your daily to-do list.
- To-do lists are perfect for organizing your tasks for the day. If you’re someone who forgets things quickly, then this is a good productivity habit to get into. Creating this list helps you to prioritize your tasks in order of importance. These come in many shapes, colors, and formats and can be easily found online.
If you’re interested in buying a to-do list or adding one to your daily routine, then check out this planner.
- Take morning vitamins
- Vitamins help to stimulate your metabolism and brain functions. Taking multivitamins and any B vitamins in the morning is the best for ensuring that your body is getting the necessary nutrients it needs to survive and properly function throughout the day.
- Lots of people journal to help with relieving mental stressors. It’s an excellent way to let out any lingering negative feelings from the night before. It also helps with setting the tone for how you want to feel throughout the day, clearing your mind, and finding something positive to look forward to.
- Clean workplace
- Cleaning your workplace or space in the morning creates a comfortable environment, making it easier for you not to get distracted throughout the day. It also reduces your chances of getting sick and increases daily productivity.
Why Self-Care is Important?
Self-care is important because it helps you maintain a healthy relationship with your physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental selves. It helps you to produce feelings of happiness and transmit those feelings to the people around you.
It helps you maintain a healthy relationship with your physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental selves. It helps you to produce feelings of happiness and transmit those feelings to the people around you. It’s how you’re able to understand and process what you’re body wants and needs.
Enjoyed reading this post? Don’t forget to comment or share!