Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. All opinions remain my own. For more information, please refer to my disclosure policy.
25 Self Love Affirmations for Building Self Compassion
Self love affirmations are a great way to practice self compassion. Both go hand-in-hand in helping you to be kind and gentle with yourself. When we fall short of our personal expectations, we tend to discourage and bring ourselves down. Self compassion is important to your overall well-being and sets the stage for how you react to personal failures and practice self-love.
Self compassion is about treating yourself with gentleness, kindness, and accepting all your flaws. With it, you teach yourself to accept your imperfections and to love yourself for who you are. One of the best ways to do this is with self love affirmations. Affirmations are used for changing our mindsets and shifting the way we think about ourselves. Affirmations are the best way to practice self-kindness, self-compassion, and self-love.
Here are 25 self love affirmations for working on self compassion
Self Love Affirmations for Self Compassion
- I treat myself with kindness.
- I forgive myself when I make mistakes.
- Today I choose myself.
- I accept the best and worst aspects of who I am.
- I know I am not perfect, and I love myself for that.
- I practice self compassion daily.
- I am growing and learning from my mistakes.
- I am learning every day.
- I am allowed to feel whatever emotions I do.
- It’s okay for me to make mistakes.
- I am gentle with myself when I feel down.
- I’m proud of myself for trying. Lots of people don’t even try.
- Today, I will show up for myself.
- I am always more than enough.
- I slow down and take things one step at a time.
- I allow myself to break down when I need to.
- I never lie about how I feel.
- I am honest with myself and others about how I feel.
- I show myself self compassion.
- My uniqueness is what makes me special.
- I treat myself with the utmost respect.
- My imperfections make me special and unique.
- I love myself.
- I am doing my best.
- It’s okay for me not to be perfect.
How to Use These Affirmations
Positive affirmations trick the brain into manifesting reassuring energy into our bodies. How you feel and how you treat yourself affects how you practice self-care, self-love, and compassion. There is no right or wrong way to use affirmations, but there are best ways. The best way to use these self love affirmation for self compassion is to read them to yourself in the mirror daily. Mirror work is one of my personal favorite self love habits and I highly encourage you try it out. Saying I love you to yourself is a powerful thing. It may sound weird however if you practice loving yourself daily, it’ll become second nature and an instant way to cheer yourself up.
I typically time block a specific hour for reading affirmations to myself. I set it for an hour in which no one will bother me, and I can be alone with myself in the mirror. Affirmations are meant to be personal and authentic. This means that you must actually believe in the words you’re saying for it to work. If yo u don’t, then it’s pointless.