Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase at no additional cost. Some of the links below are my products. All opinions remain my own. For more information, please refer to my disclosure policy.
Fall is the perfect season for recharging after summer vacation and provides many seasonal opportunities for us to take care of ourselves. In all honesty, it’s the best season to try out some cozy self-care ideas.
As the days get colder and the night gets darker, practicing fall self-care is one of my favorite things to do. I don’t know about you, but sometimes the colder weather can leave me feeling a bit gloomy. This is why I always look forward to seasonal self-care during the fall. So, today, I’m sharing 40 of my cozy self-care ideas for the fall.
How Does Self-Care Help You To Stay Healthy In The Fall
We’re so focused on going out during the summer, spending time with loved ones, enjoying the summer days, and finding ways to stay calm. But, at times, you might even forget to take care of yourself because you’re having too much fun.
But, as fall slowly approaches, the days end sooner and colder, which means we’re spending less time outdoors than we usually would. So, self-care isn’t only about having fun and pampering yourself with a DIY spa day (although it’s an excellent idea). It’s also about how you tend to your physical and emotional wants and needs.
Although self-care should be a year-round routine, the fall is the perfect season for trying out some warm and cozy self-care ideas.
Cozy Self-Care Ideas
- Try a Pumpkin or Apple Cinnamon facial mask
- Bake fall sweets and desserts
- Wear your favorite cozy pajamas
- Paint & carve pumpkins
- Read inspirational fall-themed quotes/affirmations
- Try an apple-cinnamon or pumpkin scented bath bomb
- Make a fall playlist on Spotify
- Try out a new recipe
- Invest in a new skincare routine
- Read your favorite book
- Listen to a seasonal podcast
- Drink Coffee or Hot Chocolate on the coach
- Watch your favorite fall and Thanksgiving-themed films
- Get creative with fall makeup looks
- Light some fall-scented candles
- Decorate your home with fall-themed decor
- Spend time with loved ones
- Slow down and savor the moment
- Make smores
- Make a pumpkin soup or stew
- Drink a Chai or pumpkin spice Latte
- Wear your favorite cozy socks
- Use a weighted blanket in bed
- Drink apple cinnamon or lemon tea
- Journal using fall-themed journal prompts
- Watch the leaves fall from the window
- Decompress with a hot bubble bath
- Declutter summer wardrobe
- Make a Gratitude List
- Buy your favorite Halloween candy
- Binge-watch your favorite fall TV shows/seasons
- Paint your nails with fall-themed colors/designs
- Decorate home with colorful flowers
- Massage your body with essential oils
- Sniff peppermint, cinnamon, or lemon aromatherapy oils
- Take a hot Epsom salt bath
- Create a fall-themed vision board
- Cuddle with pets or loved ones
- Unplug from technology
That’s it. This is the complete list of cozy self-care ideas for the fall. The pandemic has inspired many of us to get creative and find new ways to care for and love ourselves during a time of hardship. Some other ways you can practice self-care this fall include investing in hand warmers, fairy lights, or anything that will help you relax and stay warm this fall.
If you’re looking for additional cozy self-care ideas, check out Pinterest and Instagram for great infographics on self-care, self-care ideas, and seasonal ideas for health and wellness.
How will you practice self-care this fall? Do you like these cozy self-care ideas? Let me know in the comments.