Valentine’s Day the perfect excuse for treating ourselves with love. Step away from work, the kids, and your to-do list. Take some time this off to tend to your physical, mental, and emotional needs. For once, do something you want to do because you deserve it. Plus, it’s a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day without becoming so easily overwhelmed. Here are some self care tips for Valentine’s Day to use this year.
Self Care Tips for Valentine’s Day
- Treat yourself to chocolate-covered strawberries or other sweets.
- Bathe with scented bath bombs
- Plan a Galentine’s Day with best friends
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Watch a romantic movie or television show.
- Throw yourself a tea party
- Do something that makes you feel good.
- Practice Mindfulness
- Learn something new.
- Bake your favorite food or treats.
- Dress up and take yourself on a date.
- Disconnect from social media.
- Declutter your living space
- Draw, color, or doodle you love
- Read romance books
- Treat yourself to a spa day
- Complete a Valentine’s Day workout
- Buy yourself a teddy bear and some chocolate.
- Practice Yoga
- Write down a list of people or things you love
- Practice gratitude
- Light some candles
- Sing and Dance
- Be open to receiving love.
- Make a list of everything you love about yourself.
- Spend time with someone you love
- Spend time alone
- Call or text a loved one.
- Take a nap
- Remind yourself that you’re worth it by reading affirmations
- Look at a photo of yourself and say, “I am beautiful.”
- Enjoy one of your favorite local spots.
- Do nothing and relax.
- Nurture your body: Eat and drink healthy.
- Forgive yourself
- Be kind to yourself
- Read 25 Self Love Affirmations for Self Compassion for ideas.
- Chant mantras
- Read daily devotional or inspirational sayings.
- Tell someone you love them.
- Surround yourself with positivity
- Check out How to Get into a Positive Mindset for more info.
- Destress yourself
- Use protection (if having sex)
- Make a vision board
Why is Self-Care Important?
Self-care is important because it helps you maintain a healthy relationship with your physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental selves. It helps you to produce feelings of happiness and transmit those feelings to the people around you.
Never neglect self-care, even for Valentine’s Day. Single people tend to experience loneliness and sadness around this time. The thought of not having a partner to spend time with or someone who says I love can really make someone feel bad. That’s why it’s important to practice self-care for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is not only about expressing your love to others. It’s also about showing yourself love too. There are many ways to practice self-care on this holiday that are not included on this list. You have to find the practices that suit you best. Make sure to use this time to express love and devotion to yourself because you matter just as much as the person sleeping next to you. You matter just as much as the person you want to treat on this holiday.