Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Some of the links below are my products, which means that I will earn a small revenue if you click through and purchase. All opinions remain my own. For more information, please refer to my disclosure policy.
When should you start taking care of yourself? Right now!
Now that summer has officially begun, it’s time to start working on your personal and physical selves. Of course, the summer season is perfect for relaxing, going on vacations, traveling, going on adventures, and even doing a bit of summer self care. But, regardless of the season, it’s always important to find time to put yourself first and practice self care. So, today I am sharing 70 summer self care ideas.
Of course, don’t practice self care only during the summer season. Instead, use self care to care for the various wellness dimensions and to live a healthy lifestyle. Since most summer schedules tend to be more relaxed and unfilled, that leaves more time for you to practice summer self care.
What is Self Care?
There are so many different definitions of self care. However, I define self care as the unique, personable, and valuable ways you tend to your physical, emotional, social, intellectual, mental, and spiritual needs and wants. Self care can encompass anything from going on a diet to taking a quick walk outside to praying every night before bed.
In the summer, there are so many ways you can practice self care which I will include in my summer self care ideas list below. With these self care ideas, you can maintain a healthy relationship with your physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental selves. Without understanding how to practice self care properly, you risk suffering from chronic diseases and even death. So, now that you know why self care is essential let’s get into the 70 best summer self care ideas.
Get Access to the daily self care checklist instantly by subscribing to the blog.
Summer Self Care Ideas
- Go to the pool
- Go to the beach
- Take a walk through a park
- Hit the gym
- Drink tons of water
- Make homemade fruit smoothies
- Mediate in a greenhouse
- Go stargazing
- Watch the sunset
- Watch the sunrise
- Have a picnic
- Go camping
- Feed ducks/geese
- Participate in a water balloon fight
- Attend a local fair
- Relax outdoors
- Organize and tidy up workspace
- Do some summer cleaning
- Listen to upbeat dance and summer hits
- Do some outdoor yoga
- Start journaling
- Practice mindfulness
- Throw out old makeup
- Upgrade skincare products
- Go on a summer vacation
- Eat fresher foods
- Do a social media detox
- Walk everywhere
- Grow a garden
- Visit your PCP
- Take a mid-day nap
- Go out for ice cream
- Take tons of pictures of something nice
- Focus on maintaining a positive mindset
- Make a list of summer-themed affirmations
- Make a summer playlist on Spotify
- Listen to relaxing nature sounds or ASMR
- Play in the playground with children
- Have a DIY Spa day
- Start a new hobby
- Active Stretching
- Read a fun book
- Get creative with your hands
- Have a summer dance party outside
- Meet up with loved ones for lunch/dinner
- Dress up in your favorite summer clothes
- Listen to inspiring podcasts
- Shop at a farmer’s market
- Go to a local outdoor concert or festival
- Make a summer bucket list
- Re-visit your daily routines
- Redecorate your living space
- Practice gratitude
- Open the curtains
- Try a new hairstyle
- Try on new makeup
- Spread love and positivity
- Get a massage
- Get a manicure and pedicure
- Make your popsicles
- Slow down and do less during the day
- Meal prep for heatwaves
- Learn to say no
- Treat yourself to something nice
- Don’t force yourself to do millions of things at once
- Take a brisk shower
- Try a new recipe
- Go to a museum
- Love yourself first
Where Can You Find More Summer Self Care Ideas?
Did you enjoy this list of summer self care ideas? I hope so! Self care is simple and doesn’t require much effort. However, if you’re ever searching for additional self care ideas, you can start by looking under the self care category on riyahspeaks.com, where I have articles dedicated to different forms of self care. Also, please download my printable self-care checklist available in the free resource library if you subscribed to the blog.
Finally, I’d also recommend checking out Pinterest and Instagram for fun self care infographics that you can save onto your phone or account. You could also check out some other blog sites such as The Self Care Pursuit.
What are some of your favorite self care ideas on this list? Would you please share them in the comments?