Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. All opinions remain my own. For more information, please refer to my disclosure policy. In addition, some of the items below are my products, which means that I will earn a small revenue if you click through and purchase.
One of my favorite things about being a blogger is meeting new people within the community, collaborating, and participating in various blogging tags. Most recently, one of my good blogging friends nominated me for the Golden Bloggerz Award! I was so surprised when she tagged me on Twitter. I feel honored to have been nominated for this award. But, before I get into that, let me go over the rules.
The Golden Bloggerz Award Rules
- Place the award logo on your blog
- Mention the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and place a link to their website
- Mention the award’s creator & provide a link too.
- Tell your audience three things about you
- Nominate 10 – 20 people who deserve this award
- Let your nominees know by messaging/commenting on their Social Media or their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions you want.
- Share 2-3 links to your best posts
Who Nominated Me?
I want to thank my blogging friends, Katie, from the blog datingbitch.com, Allison from the https://thenutmegdiaries.com/, and Tiffany from Metaphysical Mama for nominating me for the Golden Bloggerz Award. I genuinely love reading both blogs a lot and recommend checking them out whenever you get the chance.
About Katie: As someone with a lot of experience with various relationships, she offers excellent advice on navigating romantic and platonic relationships in the modern age on her blog datingbitch.com. I highly recommend checking out her relationship blog if you’re ever struggling with a breakup or have questions about love.
About Allison: Allison runs a lifestyle blog where she shares many stories, reviews, and random thoughts on everything. I love working with Allison! She’s so sweet and kind to everyone in the community and always lends a helping hand when needed. Her blog is perfect for anyone who enjoys reading a variety of content. Check her out at https://thenutmegdiaries.com/.
About Tiffany: Tiffany is a spiritual and self love coach from https://metaphysicalmama.com/. She helps people to learn how to love themselves, health, and to find their highest selves through various health and spiritual wellness practices. Make sure to check out her blog for resources on practicing daily self love.
The Golden Bloggerz Award
Chris Kosto, the creator of https://www.goldenbloggerz.com/, created the Golden Bloggerz Award to recognize bloggers who work hard daily to provide great content to their online readers. It is a way to help bloggers find new bloggers to connect with and grow the blogging community.
Three Things About Me
- I’m an awarded writer: I’ve always been passionate about writing since I was younger. In high school and college, I was awarded a few times for my dedication to sharing stories and my excellent writing. These awards + my writing passion led me to start riyahspeaks.com.
- I’ve never traveled outside of the United States: I know, as someone as outgoing and adventurous as I am, I have never traveled outside of the USA. However, now that everything is reopening and the pandemic is dying down, maybe I can take a solo trip somewhere.
- I’m an avid video gamer: This may come as a shock to some of you, but I love video gaming. It’s something I can do all day and night if someone doesn’t stop me. I primarily play on the PS4, so if anyone wants to add me, let me know so we can play together sometimes.
Questions From Allison, Katie, and Tiffany
- When did you first start writing? I was born a writer. I’ve been writing since the day I learned how to scribble in a notebook. Growing up, I loved to write short poems, songs, lyrics, or anything that would come to mind. However, as I grew older, I soon learned that I have a natural talent for writing and use it for good.
- What kind of stories do you like reading/listening to/or watching? I love anything Horror, LGBT, Urban, or Fantasy related.
- What do I love the most about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging is that I get to interact with people from all over the world. Sometimes I forget that there are other countries out there with people that have entirely different lifestyles from mine.
- What was the last book you read? Did you like it? The last book I read was Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyers from the Twilight series, and I HATED IT. I’m so upset that she ruined my beloved Edward. I don’t know if I could ever watch the movies again.
- What do you like the least? I’m not fond of amusement parks because I am terrified of heights. The last time I went to an amusement park, I thought I was going to die.
- What is your favorite book? This is a hard one. I’d have to say the Harry Potter series will always be my all-time favorite book. However, I am enjoying the book I am reading now.
- What is your biggest vice? My biggest vice is that I eat unhealthy food when I’m too emotional or under extreme stress. However, I am working on it.
- Worst Breakup: Before meeting my current partner, I had dated my ex for about two years. After my birthday and prom, we broke up the day after he admitted to loving another girl more than me. I instantly regretted giving him part of my high school experience. Since I was an emotional teenager, I decided that maybe this so-called” love” for her wouldn’t last. However, he waited until I left for college and then cheated on me and blamed me for his actions. We haven’t spoken since.
- What has blogging taught you about yourself? Blogging has taught me that I am stronger than I think I am and that I have a lot of healing to do. I also learned that I needed a creative outlet such as blogging to let go of the trauma and help people move forward.
- How do you make yourself feel better when you’re having a bad day? When I am having a bad day, I sit down and work on my bullet journal or take a long bath filled with my favorite scented bath bombs.
- Who are you most grateful for? I am most grateful for having the strength to continue, my family, my boyfriend, my in-laws, and the connections I’ve made through blogging.
- Where do you see yourself a year from now? One year from now, I see myself moving into my new apartment with the money made from blogging, Etsy, Gumroad, and working.
My Best Blog Posts
Well, that’s all for the Golden Bloggerz Award. Please make sure to give Katie and Allison’s blogs a follow because they have awesome content. To keep the momentum going, I will nominate a few bloggers and write out my five questions for them to answer.
My Questions For The Nominees
- What is your favorite form of self care?
- What is your favorite scent?
- Team Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, or Hybrid?
- Favorite Blogging Memory?
- What is something you wish you knew before starting a blog?