Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. All opinions remain my own. For more information, please refer to my disclosure policy. In addition, some of the items below are my products, which means that I will earn a small revenue if you click through and purchase.
Raise your hand if you can remember when you could eat three whole pizzas without gaining weight? How about when you used to write in a diary? You’re not alone. Unfortunately, those days slowly disappear as we get older and encounter life circumstances. However, many young adults under the age of 30 tend to put themselves on the back-burner–behind working long 50 hour shift weeks, starting a family, or going to class.
So for this post, I decided to ask the blogging community their thoughts on which healthy habits to have before turning 30. But, before I share what these healthy habits are, I want to go over why living a healthy lifestyle is essential.
Why Is It Important To Live a Healthy Lifestyle?
Learning to live healthier is crucial because it affects your overall physical, mental, and emotional health. Adopting healthy habits is vital throughout our early and late 20’s because it affects how our bodies and minds function for the rest of our lives. In addition, by implementing a healthy lifestyle, you can lower your risk of death and diseases in the future.
Healthy habits such as healthy eating and regular physical activity may also help you manage your weight and have more energy. Sooner than later, starting these healthier habits will begin to feel like part of your daily routine and not a chore.
How To Stick To A Healthy Daily Routine?
Between new jobs, new relationships, families, classes, and new cities, a lot changes in your 20s. But you can take control of these situations by setting new healthy habits for yourself. Why now? Because the habits you set during that time—good or bad—will likely stick with you. What you do when you’re 20 will affect your overall health once you’re in your 30s. This is why it’s crucial to start building these healthy habits before turning 30.
There are many ways you can go about learning how to stick to a healthy lifestyle.
- Make realistic healthy goals
- Be consistent
- Keep track of your healthy habits progress
- Be patient
Now that you know why you must live a healthy lifestyle and stick to a healthy routine, here are 32 healthy habits to have before turning 30 years old. So if you’re like me and you’re dreading the fact that you’ll be 30 soon, here are 32 healthy habits you should have before turning 30. Also, please make sure to check out all the fantastic bloggers who contributed to this post by checking out their sites. You can find a list of these bloggers at the bottom of this post.
Healthy Habits to Have Before Turning 30
Healthy Eating Habits
- Snack on fruits and nuts instead of sweets and chips, And eat vegetables with every meal!
- Drink Water
- Don’t count calories. It never ends well. Instead, focus on the nutritional facts. It’s not easy, but making sure you are eating more foods with some nutritional value is better than limiting calories and feeling miserable or afraid to eat.
- Follow the rule of 80:20 when it comes to healthy eating. Treat yourself to your favorite fast food or sugary drink on Sunday after following a healthy diet during the week.
- Do not say that you’re on a diet. This is a lifestyle choice. You are choosing health, nothing else, and choosing health means eating nutrients and vitamins while knowing my MH matters too, so if some cake cheers me up, I’ll eat it.
- Most of it entails what you put in your body. Make healthier food choices and be conscious of how much you’re eating.
- Make your plate colorful. Eat a mix of various fruit, veggies, meats, dairies, and grains daily.
Physical Healthy Habits
- Practice mindfulness and meditation.
- Listen to your body. Sometimes you need rest or need to eat food high in calories but low in nutritional value. It’s all about balance. Food isn’t just fuel. It’s also food for your soul.
- Use the Down Dog app for all of my home workouts. In the app, you get to select which muscle groups you wish to focus on. Then, the system will match a sequence of workouts complete with music and voice instructions based on your input!
- Take long walks
- Take deep breaths
- Stay hydrated
- Always wear sunscreen
- Schedule me-time
Emotional Healthy Habits
- Do what you enjoy, not what you think you have to do.
- Accept your emotions, like feelings of sadness. Never push them aside as it might cause damage to your mental health, embrace them, try to understand them then let them go freely.
- The best thing is to start with whatever knowledge you have and keep building on it. It’s hard to go from zero to hero and is entirely unsustainable. Making small changes here and there makes it more of a lifestyle change.
- Start small enough to be consistent, for example, swapping a sugary drink for water once a day.
- Don’t compare your journey to anyone else’s. We all meet milestones at different times and in other ways so enjoy the ride.
- Know where you want to be and set an ultimate goal /stopping point – it’s way too easy to get carried away!
- Take baby steps
Mental Health Habits
- Never underestimate the power of a short walk outside!
- Learn to say no! It’s a challenging and essential skill for your mental health.
- Set boundaries! It’s so important to develop good boundaries at the very beginning.
- You don’t have to say yes to everything, and it’s ok to say no. It’s also ok to prioritize yourself. It’s not selfish to focus on yourself.
- It’s all about mindset. To be healthy and happy on the outside, you have to be happy and healthy on the inside too. So concentrate on your mental health first every time.
- Keep a journal
- Learn about mindfulness
- Take more mental health days when you feel too overwhelmed and emotional.
- Take care of your mental health, anxiety or nervousness, and calmness and patience, which anyone can achieve through meditation.
- Set social media and technology boundaries
Where To Learn More About Living A Healthy Lifestyle
If you finished reading this post and you’re wondering about where you can find more healthy habits to try, then I have a ton of resources and sites for you o check out. First, I recommend checking on social media networks such as Instagram and Pinterest, where you may find many infographics on living a healthy lifestyle. Finally, I’d recommend that you check out various health and wellness related blogs such as WebMd or Healthline, who focus on a variety of health and wellness topics.
What do you think of these healthy habits? Let me know in the comments!
Thank you to the following bloggers for contributing to this wellness post
- Weird and Liberated Blog
- The Lazy Chain
- A Sustainably Simple Life
- Unwanted Life
- Artie Carden
- Lynn Mumbin Mejia
- ofaglasgowgirl lifestyle blog
- Ming Writes
- The Nutmeg Diaries
- The Quiet Girl Blog
- Growing With Spawn
- Moving Picture Review
- Sophia Patel
- Guidance By Gigi
- Joy Unraveled
- Sammy Writes
- Twins Gone Roaming
- Travelling Party Of 4
- Ashley Feldstein
- Charlotte Rodricks
- Do. Live. Study.
- Lifestyle and Health Fitness
- Rethink Entrepreneur
- Cafe Beauty
- The Teenager Talks
- Amy Versus Life
- My Colorful Wanderings
- Chrystal Paul