Thanksgiving is around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about what you’re grateful for this year. First, however, some of us may need the help of cheerful Thanksgiving quotes to practice gratitude and find inspiration.
Whenever I’m in a pickle or need motivation, I love to read positive affirmations and quotes. Positive quotes inspire us to be better humans, brighten the day, offer encouragement, and even serve as a pick-me-up.
As we faced the pandemic, we were left with lots of uncertainty about what would happen in the future. Yet, despite all odds, we made it to 2021 together. Now is the time where we should be practicing gratitude and thankfulness the most.
So, if you’re struggling with practicing gratitude and thankfulness this year, here are some positive Thanksgiving quotes for practicing gratitude that will inspire you.
Positive Thanksgiving Quotes
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
- “Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are.” — Bethany Hamilton
- “I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy” — Will Arnett
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”— Charles Dickens
- “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” — William Faulkner
- “‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Gratitude is one of the strongest and most transformative states of being. It shifts your perspective from lack to abundance and allows you to focus on the good in your life, which in turn pulls more goodness into your reality. — Jen Sincero
- “As you keep your mind and heart focused in the right direction, approaching each day with faith and gratitude, I believe you will be empowered to live life to the fullest and enjoy the abundant life He has promised you!” — Victoria Osteen
- “I’m not going to focus on the bad days. I choose to live in gratitude.” — Marcela Valladolid
- “When you view your world with an attitude of gratitude, you are training yourself to focus on the good in life.” — Paul J. Meyer
- “Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” — G.K. Chesterton
- “This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” — Maya Angelou
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” — Amy Collette
- “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” — Karl Barth
- “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” — Lionel Hampton
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
- “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” — Jim Rohn
- When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” — Tony Robbins
- “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” — Nigel Hamilton
- “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” — Margaret Cousins
- “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” — Sam Lefkowitz
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” — Henry Van Dyke
- “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” — Neal A. Maxwell
- “At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough.” — Toni Morrison
- “Even in the trials of life, if we have eyes to see them, we can find good things everywhere we look.” — Joanna Gaines
- “An attitude of gratitude goes a long way when it comes to physical and emotional healing.” — Jill Bolte Taylor
- “Look at the sky: That is for you. Look at each person’s face as you pass them on the street: Those faces are for you.” — Miranda July
- “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” — Rumi
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more — Melody Beattie
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” — Gerald Good
- “No matter what the situation is…close your eyes and think of all the things in your life you could be grateful for right now.” — Deepak Chopra
- “I’m thankful for each and every day. We never know when time is up.” — Chuck Berry
Why Should We Practice Gratitude?
I hope you enjoyed this list of Thanksgiving quotes. Practicing gratitude means that we show our appreciation for the more minor things in life, such as having working limbs and the blue sky. There are many health benefits come with practicing gratitude, such as decreasing stress and boosting your spiritual and mental energies.
If you’re new to practicing gratitude then here are a few tips I recommend to help get you started.
- Write in a journal
- Send thank you notes
- Create a gratitude jar
- Be mindful
How do you practice gratitude? Do any of these Thanksgiving quotes stick out to you? Let me know in the comments.