Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. All opinions remain my own. For more information, please refer to my disclosure policy.
Hi friends! Today’s blog post is going to be slightly different. Instead of a wellness post, I’ve decided to answer Vogue’s 73 Questions so that you can get to know me a little better. I think this is an excellent way for you guys to learn more about me since my birthday just passed.
I didn’t initially plan on writing this type of post. I was inspired to write this post after seeing this trend online in the blogging community and when one of my blogging friends encouraged me to give this a try.
Thank you, Bee, from Mind, Beauty, Simplicity, for this great idea and for encouraging me to hop on the Vogue’s 73 Questions trend. I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little better.
Vogue’s 73 Questions
1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
I don’t drink from Starbucks– I run on Dunkin Donuts. My usual Dunkin Donuts order is a large iced tea with a raspberry shot and six liquid sugar pumps. Don’t judge me for the sugar. I like all of my drinks sweet.
2. What does your workstation look like right now?
I share my workstation with my boyfriend, so it’s constantly a mess. Right now, my workstation looks like a tornado hit it ? There are at least three notebooks, pens, markers, stickers, and tons of loose paper on the desk.
3. All-time favorite food?
My all-time favorite food is anything with chocolate in it. I love Oreo cookies, chocolate ice cream, cakes, and honestly, anything that chocolate would taste good with. I’m also in love with baked macaroni and cheese.
4. Favorite author?
I feel like this is a trick question. UGH, this is a tricky question to answer. My favorite authors would include Toni Morrison, JK Rowling, Emily Dickinson, and Stephen King.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I think that open relationships are great if the couple can handle them. I would be open to trying an open relationship if my partner was comfortable with it. I also understand that this is not for everyone, and that is entirely okay.
6. Favorite video game?
My favorite video games are Persona 5, Persona 5 Strikers, Kingdom Hearts (entire series), and Tekken.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Food-wise, I don’t typically restrict myself because I love to eat. But, I guess my guilty pleasure treat is crackers and cheese.
8. Favorite film?
You cannot go wrong with watching any Disney movie. But, my favorite feel-good movie is Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
9. Favorite book?
“Punching the Air” by Ibi Zoboi and Yusef Salaam. EVERYONE must read this book.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
I used to love Instagram. However, with the new algorithm changes and constant security issues, I’m going to say that I love Twitter a bit more.Check out this blogger's version of the famous Vogue's 73 Questions #Bloggers #Blogging Click To Tweet
11. Desktop or Laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t force yourself to be around people who are not trying to be around you. Save your energy for those who want to be there, not the ones who are temporarily here now.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Well, I cannot reveal everything. But, I am hoping to add a new niche to the blog and perhaps start a Youtube Channel.
14. Favorite color?
I know my blog scheme is pink and white. But those are my least favorite colors. My favorite colors are Red and Black.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
In everything but Math and Science…SMH.
16. Dream job?
Business Owner/Marketing Specialist/Author
17. Played any sports?
No, I have two left legs, no eye coordination, and suck at anything physical-related.
18. Do you have a degree?
I have two degrees. I have my Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and my Master’s in Digital Marketing and Analytics.
Puerto-Rican and Black
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post to write?
I love writing personal stories. I enjoy seeing people’s responses to my life and finding out if people had similar experiences to me or not.
21. What do you like to collect?
Pens and Notebooks… I have like a million journals, notepads, notebooks, and thousands of different pens like the color switching ones, scented, and calligraphy pens.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words
Outgoing, Empathetic, and Extroverted.
23. If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be?
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
25. What is on top of your wish list right now?
I REALLLLLLY want a Nintendo Switch with the game Pokemon Snap.
26. Hogwarts House?
Hufflepuff ? , even though I want Slytherin.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
I am most grateful for my health and my family this year.
29. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month?
Graduating with my Master’s a 4.0 GPA ??
30. What’s the best thing that has happened to you today?
My boyfriend surprised me with my favorite lunch.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Oh. This is the most challenging question to answer. I guess the best thing ever is to be alive and well, especially with everything that’s happened over the last year with the Coronavirus Pandemic.
32. Favorite season
I love Summer.
33. Favorite holiday
34. Which fictional character do you relate the most to?
I relate to young Rainbow from the show Mixed-ish because I experienced many similar problems the growing up biracial.
35. Do you like surprises?
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
My boyfriend gave me this adorable silver crown ring as a promise ring for Valentine’s Day 2 years ago.
37. What’s a surprise that made you cry?
Same as the above, and I was at work.
38. What’s the best surprise you have ever given anyone?
When I gave my mom a personalized heart puzzle keepsake with each of our names on it two years ago, she shed a tear.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes! My favorite muffins are apple-cinnamon and chocolate.
40. Do you cook often?
Not really, but I am trying to cook more often than usual these days.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything with peanut butter
43. Cake or pie?
Can I choose both?
44. What’s your least favorite food?
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
Ranch. I use it for everything.
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be?
Poetry and Blogging
48. Best animated film?
Hands down—Dragon Ball Super: Broly. Those fight scenes were crazy.
49. What has a guy said or done that impressed you?
One time a guy said a corny joke which went like this. “Are you the bottom of my computer because you’re heating me up.” I couldn’t help but laugh while I was in my English class. We’ve been together for almost five years now.
50. The Best thing to do on a first date?
To meet someone for coffee or tea in a public area and to get to know the person.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Ask for sex, do drugs, get sloppy drunk, be rude, flirt in front of you…the list goes on.
52. What’s the best pickup line?
I’m going to be the oddball who says that the best pickup lines are the ones that make someone laugh.
53. Best comic book character?
Poison Ivy, Spiderman, and Question.
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse?
A mask, lipgloss/lipstick, gum
55. Favorite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
I don’t know too many historical characters outside of Queen Victoria and Robinhood, if I am honest.
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favorite sushi roll
Sweet Potato Tempura Roll
59. What lipstick do you use?
I use Mac, Elf, Technic, and drug store lipsticks.
60. What foundation do you use?
61. Blow-dry or Air dry?
Towel dry and then air dry.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
Zendaya and Rihanna
63. Favorite Disney character?
Kida from Atlantis — the most underrated movie of all time.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Laundry and then blogging
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I laugh at all the Madea movies. Tyler Perry is a fool.
66. Movie that made you cry?
The Notebook and Titanic
67. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would you choose?
ALICIA KEYS! I love her so much.
68. If you’re life was a song, what would it be?
Okay, So, I’ve chosen three songs. The first one is All the Good Girls Go To Hell, by Billie Eilish. The second song is Anxiety by Logic ft Lucy Rose. The third song is Bitch; I’m Nasty by Rico Nasty.
69. What’s your favorite animal?
70. Favorite illustrator?
Josefina Schargorodsky. She is so inspiring.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
72. What country would you love to visit?
73. The Best way to decompress?
I love to Journal or play video games to decompress.
I know this is a tad different from the content I usually publish. But, I saw Bee and other bloggers doing this trend and decided to hop on it too. I figured this would be an excellent way for people to get to know the person behind riyahspeaks.com. If you’re a blogger reading this post, I encourage you to give this trend a try.